How to get LIC duplicate bond with the all-new process from submission of request letter or form 3756 on lost affidavit format along with questionnaire application, Find whether the process is available in online and other documents if any required to submit to Life Insurance Corporation of India.
LIC Bond Duplicate
A policy bond is the essential document issued by the LIC office when issuing the policy. The policyholder can see all the terms and conditions related to the policy bond’s insurance, including the various benefits and features of the policy.
One needs to present the policy bond when claiming the policy or the insurance’s redemption. The user would also require the policy bond if the policyholder wants to take a LIC loan against the policy. Thus it is ideal to come with one soft copy of the policy bond if there is any damage or loss to the bound paper.
Let us look at the procedure for getting the duplicate bond copy of the policy if the original is lost or damaged.
How to Get Duplicate LIC Policy Bond
- The user needs to generate form 3756 content on a stamp paper of Rs 100, which is non-judicial
- The form needs to be authorized by a notary and also needs to be signed by the policyholder.
- The policyholder also needs to fill the additional questionnaire, including questions such as how the policy bond got lost and if the policyholder has made any efforts to recover the policy.
- The user also needs to provide identity proof and address proof to India’s Life Insurance Corporation serving branch office. The policyholder also needs to pay the requisite fee, which would vary depending on the policy type.
- After all the steps are complete and verified by the LIC serving office, the LIC office’s duplicate policy bond will be issued to the policyholder.
How to Claim LIC Policy if Bond is Lost?
When a policyholder loses his original if Insurance Policy bond, they first need to inform the insurer. One should reach the nearest branch as soon as possible and provide them information about the loss of bond with an Application form. If required, an FIR copy from the nearest police station must be submitted as proof with the application form.
Is there any online process to get LIC duplicate bond?
There is no online procedure for getting a duplicate bond copy of the policy. The customer of Life Insurance Corporation of India must approach the concerned service branch for a duplicate copy.
How much time does it take for a LIC policy Bond?
LIC will take a minimum of 7 days to a maximum of 30 days for preparing LIC policy bonds, and if the policy taken is new, then the time for the bond will be more as the program to print and availability of Blank bond differ.
How to Surrender LIC policy without bond?
A letter needs to be issued to the Life insurance policy starting the loss of bond, and a request to be raised to get the form to submit the lieu of duplicate policy bond. Also, an amount of 100 Non-judicial stamp paper, which is to be notarized with LIC details, should be submitted and get the policy amount with showing bond.
Is LIC a good investment or insurance?
The Life insurance policy of India does offer the best insurance policy. Suppose you’re looking for a long-term investment. In that case, this is the best platform to be chosen, So choose Unit Linked Investment Plan or else a later plan like Endowment Plan as based on your risk appetite and financial ability or reasons, to opt for the best insurance plan or term plan for only having insurance.