How to get PRAN Number and How to know your PRAN Number registration status for an NPS account. Find the detailed information about the Permanent Retirement Account Number.
Permanent Retirement Account Number is a 12-digit unique number that is allocated to an individual who registered with the National Pension Scheme, and once the NPS account is created for an individual, they have the option to get their PRAN Card offline.
In future connection with your pension-related scheme, this PRAN will be a must and it holds all your linked KYC documents useful while retiring. It is necessary to save your PRAN, as you will require to log in online and as well as to know your balance in an NPS account.
Once a Permanent Retirement Account Number is allocated with your KYC, this cannot be changed thus you can note this number as a permanent reference.
How to Get PRAN Number
PRAN for NPS account allocated by the NSDL nodal officer after reviewing all your provided KYC documents, and thus this will take 7 working days after submission of your NPS application form.
So to have your unique Permanent Retirement Account number, you need to get yourself registered with the NPS scheme by providing all your KYC documents, PAN, Aadhaar, Date of Birth, Photograph.
How to know your PRAN Number
If you register with NPS and are still in the process of knowing your PRAN, then do follow these steps and know your updated number. Make sure you have got the Acknowledgement number generated while registration with NPS in the NSDL portal.
- Visit the NSDL official portal at cra-nsdl.com/CRA/Here you can find multiple options related to the NPS scheme
- Click PRAN Application StatusScroll down and click on PRAN Application Status or Subscriber Registration Status
- Make sure you select with the Acknowledgement numberThe Subscriber Registration Request Status page may load now
- Enter your PRN Acknowledgement numberA next column is an option, which you can find in the receipt
- Enter the Captcha Code > Click on Search to fetch your detailsThe Portal will read your acknowledgment number and get updates about the PRAN status. The number shown in the status may be noted as you can directly fetch your status using the number as well.
How to Track PRAN Dispatch Status
- Open the URL cra-nsdl.com/CRA/pranCardStatusInput.do
- Select New Registered PRAN or Re-issued PRAN or Re-issued Password/T-PIN
- Enter PRAN or PPAN
- Provide Captcha
- Click Submit
Do we have an option to get a second PRAN Number?
The answer to this question is strict No, as employees associated with any company might have their change in employment which can’t update regularly in the NPS portal. Thus the unique PRAN may be allocated must use by employees till their retirement.
How do Activate my PRAN Number?
The individual having the PRAN needs to log in to the National Pension System portal. A minimum contribution of INR 500 has to be paid by filling your PRAN and Date of birth to start your NPS account which parallelly activates your PRAN.
Can I Change my Mobile Number associated with PRAN Number?
Yes, employees can anytime register their mobile number for change by visiting the nearby Nodal office. By submitting the correction form, they can update the new mobile number by providing the Supporting KYC document for reference.