Register your credentials for Income Tax login to submit IT return for the assessment year and check the income tax refund if applicable; find how to reset Income tax India login password with forgot option at incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
The Income Tax department of India is a centralized form of association where they keep track of tax redemption from people all across India. So we have seen people surrounding us talk about Income tax refunds and the status of the application most of the time.
As you already know, the department makes a small deduction from your salaried account, and sometime during December, you are eligible to apply for a tax refund application.
Once you have applied for the refund process, then the Income Tax department takes around 3-4 months and releases the status of every application basing on their calculation. Still, for all the steps to happen that we’ve mentioned, you must apply for the tax refund in the first place.
You should understand that account registration before the whole process is necessary and beware of fake Income tax filing websites.
Income Tax Login
- User ID – After registration, you will receive the login ID
- Password – You can set up your password during registration
- Phone Number – If forgot password to receive OTP
- PAN – This is necessary while completing KYC
So, in this article, we will be discussing the simple steps that will help you learn how to log into your Income-tax account easily. However, before you continue reading this article, I would advise you first to register your account from the Income-tax department’s official website and follow the instructions below.
Income Tax India Login
- Open IT department web portal.
- The First step would be to go to the Income Tax department official website at https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home.
- Then on the right side, you can see the “Login Here” button in green color; click on it.
- Enter the User ID and Password
- You will land on the login page directly where you have entered.
- Make sure to enter the correct Captcha code from the image.
- Click on the Login button.
- Now you have successfully logged into your account.
Forgot Income Tax Login Password
It is pretty common to forget passwords, and the same might happen for the Income Tax account password. However, here users don’t have to worry a bit because the password resetting process is relatively easy from the steps shown below.
- When you are on the Income-tax login page, click on the “Forgot Password?” button.
- Next password reset page will appear, where you have to enter the User ID and Captcha as shown in the image.
- Then check the “Request OTP” button and click on the continue button.
- Enter the OTP and reset the password to your preferred one.
- Once your password has been reset, you can now log in to your account via the same process as shown above.
In this way, you can log in to your Income-tax account to check refund status from there directly. You can use your account in many ways, such as checking the refund, then refilling of income tax application which is a significant action item.