SAMS Odisha is now live for online admission | Find SAMS Odisha eligibility, forms, admission process, registration, login, and notifications.
Having access to Odisha’s Student Academic Management System gives students access to institutes for their Higher Secondary School and Degree classes.
SAMS Odisha covers various courses such as post-graduation, B.Ed, Teacher Education, and correspondence online application form, to make the process of admission easier for everyone.
In the past, every student had to visit their preferred schools or institutions to get admission to continue with their education. The offline process was always an arduous task for students and their parents. Thus having the SAMS Odisha online portal introduced by the Odisha government, the education system does see an increase in online admission rather than the usual offline process.
This portal is for both students and institutions that are in Odisha, as both parties can register themselves online for various services.
Benefits of SAMS Odisha
Before we proceed with other parts of the Student Academic Management System Odisha and explore further, it is best to take a quick look at the benefits that are provided to the students via this online platform, and also to the Institute.
Benefits for Students
Few benefits exclusively for students from SAMS are described here.
- Use One Common Application to apply to Multiple Institutions in the state for Admission
- Entry of student data in Single Application is enough for applying to all institutions
- Select the Institute as preferred with location and fees price for easier selection
- Know the eligibility criteria of each institution before applying online for admission
- Get every detail of the institution along with courses offered for various classes
- Get regular updates from SAMS about admission and their important dates
Benefits for the Institute
Few benefits for institutions through SAMS Odisha are described below.
- Institutions get to manage their admissions and process of intake online
- No manpower is required, as everything about admission and paperwork is through online
- Get a quick list of merit students along with a special category for easier selection
- No, admit card, form filling, and manual checking required for admission
- Yearly data of students gets managed through one database for a quick record check
The candidate who wishes to enroll in a Higher Secondary School or Degree School in Odisha must check their eligibility at the very beginning. Only eligible candidates may apply online.
- Candidates must appear in their Class 12 examination from Higher Secondary Education Odisha
- The student has to clear their examination without having any subjects pending
- The candidate must be a citizen of Odisha state
By categorizing the admission process based on the education type, SAMS Odisha has made it easier for institutions to log in as well as to quickly select students.
- There is a Higher Education Degree and Post-Graduation link for those seeking admission to higher education courses.
- In class 12, the students going to Europe participate in school and mass education.
- Skill Development and ITI, Diploma for students who are seeking admission in an industrial type of education after their secondary education.
- Youth Services and Sports for students who are seeking admission in the physical education program.
SAMS Odisha Admission Process
Candidates who are using SAMS Odisha for the admission process can quickly get to know about the process to apply for preferred colleges from the online quick links.
- Visit the official website at samsodisha.gov.in.
- Tap on Higher Secondary or Degree Course link from the options
- Now click on the existing student login to open the student login page
- Enter your details and access the student page
- Fill out the application form with your details and upload the documents
- Upload photograph and submit the details after verifying everything
- Now go to institute selection and send your application to preferred institutions
- Upon selection, an acknowledgment letter may be sent following the Fee payment
- That’s it, the SAMS Odisha Admission form has been submitted successfully by the student, and based on the information provided, the Institute will contact the student. It is required that students visit the institute to submit their documents and obtain an intimation letter for admission.
SAMS Odisha Student Registration & Login
Every student who is seeking admission in higher secondary and degree courses must have to register themselves with SAMS Odisha to avail of the online benefits. Make sure you follow the links below to register yourself.
- Go to the official website from your browser
- Now tap on Degree Course for Higher Secondary Course quick links
- Click on New Student Register and wait for the registration page to load
- Enter Your Name, mobile number, and email address in columns
- Click on generate OTP to verify your identity with the mobile number OTP
- Once confirmed, set the password to access the SAMS page
- Use your mobile number and set a password on the Login page to access
- That’s it, Students have to use their mobile number as a username and use the set password to access the SAMS student page. As well, students may use the OTP login process if they already registered with the portal.
SAMS Odisha Notifications
Admissions may be based on the merit list, and all applicants can be automatically sorted by the details they entered in their online applications. Therefore, SAMS Odisha uses the following mode of communication to contact selected students and advise them to process college fees in order to proceed with the admission process.
- SMS Text Message Notification
- Email Notification
- SAMS Portal Notification
- Selection Notice from College Notice Board
- Toll-Free number 1800 345 6770 or 155335
Candidates can monitor any of the above notification times to check if they select in the SAMS process.
SAMS Odisha Documents
Applicants who applied to various institutions via the SAMS portal should possess the following document, which they must select after they have been allocated to an institution.
- School Secondary Marksheet
- Higher School Marks Certificate
- Transfer Certificate from Previous School or Institute
- Migration Certificate from Institute
- Character Certificate from the institute
- Bonafide Certificate
- Caste Certificate if necessary
- Sports Certificate if applicable
- Disability Certificate if applicable
These are some documents candidates need to bring with them when being admitted into the institution. As well as any other leftover certificates which can increase your weightage during selection carried for verification.
Can I pay my SAMS Odisha admission fees online?
Once a candidate has been selected through the online application process, they are notified. If the institute is confirmed, the applicant can then use the online payment link to pay the admission fee. He or she can also bring the acknowledgment receipt to the institute for verification and final admission.
Is there any limit on the number of institutes you can choose during SAMS Odisha admission?
SAMS Odisha does allow candidates to select limited institutions for their selection list. Thus candidates can choose a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 20 institutions during the selection process based on the type of study they want to pursue.
SAMS Odisha Process Fees
The SAMS Odisha is a fully Odisha Government monitored portal and every data under this portal is solely managed by the education department of the state. Thus to process the application from students to the institute, they charge a processing fee.
Rs. 275 does charge for General Category students for registration
Rs. 175 may charge for SC & ST category students
Can I withdraw SAMS Odisha admission after online selection?
If a candidate wants to withdraw their name from the SAMS Odisha online admission process, they must have to withdraw before the selection list is released. If they fail to appear for final verification at the college for admission, their names will be automatically removed from the list.
Is SAMS Odisha admission based on the reservation?
Yes, the selection process in an institute will be based on the reservation category only. As per the Odisha state reserve percentage for lower caste candidates, the seats allocated to particular candidates are based on their caste. As well any candidate with a disability is given priority along with their qualifying marks for selection.
Do I have to submit documents offline if I am selected from SAMS Odisha?
In order to complete their final submissions, all selected candidates must submit all documents to the institute. The admission process is initiated only upon carrying the application form, allotment letter, and other study-related documents.