Now you can generate the new four-digit PIN for a newly received SBI debit card; check the process for developing a new PIN by visiting any ATM center by carrying your registered mobile number to generate the four-digit PIN to complete the State Bank debit card activation.
SBI ATM PIN Generation
Visiting the nearest SBI ATM for generation of new debit card pin received is one of the simplest forms to generate the 4 digits secret code in addition to the PIN generation process through internet banking, where almost all the banks, including the State Bank of India, provides the facility of generating the four-digit password at the ATM centre.
The following is the new process initiated for State Bank customers to generate debit card pins at the ATM centre and for this facility. It is said as an accessible facility. Let’s have a look at the process.
SBI ATM PIN Generation at ATM centre
- Insert the debit card in any SBI ATM
- Wait for Menu Options on the screen
- Select Pin Generation from the options
- Enter 11 digit SBI account number using the keypad
- Confirm the account number by entering it again
- Click on Submit
- Enter the Registered Mobile Number of the account and Confirm the same
- Suppose the details provided by the customer matches the bank records. In that case, the customer will receive the following message ‘your green PIN will be shortly delivered to your registered mobile number’ will be displayed Press ‘Confirm’ to see another message which says ‘Your Green PIN generation has been successful and you will receive the same on your mobile number.’
- Soon the customer will receive a notification on their registered mobile with one OTP as Alphabets for 4 digit PIN, which would be valid for another two days.
- Login to any SBI ATM anywhere
- Change the received 4 digit PIN, which was acquired in Alphabets, and use the SBI debit card with the newly generated four-digit PIN.
What are the charges for the first-time activation of a new debit card PIN?
There are no charges to generate the PIN on a new SBI debit card through any mode like ATM, Internet Banking, or with SMS or customer care.
Is it mandatory to come again (second time) for the generation of PIN?
If the four-digit PIN (Alphabets) is not received through SMS on your registered mobile at the same time when you are in the ATM center, you must come again for activation and change the ATM PIN.
If we received an OTP on mobile after some time, can we activate it through Internet Banking, SMS, or customer care?
No, It is not possible; you can change it through an ATM only; every process is different from one to one, so you must follow the predefined separately.