Update your EPF account KYC for UAN online and access free for your EPF withdrawal, Check required document details to upload EPFO UAN KYC, Find how to complete EPF KYC offline with KYC form and format, what is the link to register EPF UAN KYC.
The Employee Provident Fund can be accessed via the online Member e-SEWA portal unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface and also via the mobile application, where all the salaried employees who have been enrolled in this scheme can check their UAN number from their given salary slips to know their 12 digits Universal Account Number.
You need to complete your KYC for the EPFO portal online or offline by visiting the field office, in order to be eligible for EPF withdrawal partially or fully, and this might sound very similar to Aadhaar or PayTM KYC terms is generally used, and basically, this is the same as well.
The Employee Provident Fund organization has released a new act an amendment stating that all the EPF employees with active UAN Numbers must complete their UAN KYC to access the benefits from their portal.
The reason this has become mandatory is only through complete KYC update your account will become eligible to release any form of Employees Provident Fund money, and this is necessary because anyone would have been able to access your account just via your UAN number but linking government verifications has made a difference here.
What does EPF UAN KYC Mean?
If you are new to the term KYC, then it means Know Your Customer which is a very custom processed that has become mandated by the banks across India, and in this, any service or organization should make sure that each and every employee or account is linked to their required government ID proofs such as Aadhaar, PAN and passport.
Most of the time it is enough to link Aadhaar but in the case of EPF UAN KYC, it is very much necessary to provide them with all the required and additional government proofs that you can get.
- Limit Removal: Once you have updated your Aadhaar and PAN card details, then you can use your account to check the PF balance and money withdrawal as well.
- PF Withdrawal: Adding your bank account is a necessary part of the KYC here because you will need the account while withdrawing the money from your PF balance in the future.
- Security: Adding extra resources like Aadhaar and PAN is necessary but adding a Bank account gives you more security. It is because you need to enter the last four digits of your bank account while withdrawing your PF money.
It might sound a little different than any other KYC documentation or verification process because this is a part of EPF UAN number, but to be frank, this is quite the same as any other KYC verification and you would take no more than some time to get this completed.
So, let me walk you through the basic steps here in order to help you complete your UAN KYC process
EPF UAN KYC Process
- Open the EPFO e-SEWA member login portal at unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface
- Log in by entering UAN number, password, and required captcha there
- Now you once the account login is completed, you have to head towards the tabs
- Go to Manage & Click on KYC
- Opens in a new page that will be related to the KYC documentation process
- Fill out the required details show on the new page
- So, once you are on the KYC documentation page you might see a different platform where you need to enter different details required along with numbers, and this might be puzzling for some time but you can follow the below steps to complete the filling process
- Fill the mandatory documents like Bank Account Number, PAN Card Number, Aadhaar Card Number
- Fill in the bank account details by entering the bank account number
- Enter the name as per the document
- Complete the same with PAN and Aadhaar card details by filling the document number,
- Fill in the name as per the document
- Click on the checkbox on the three documents under “Select”
- Click the checkbox, once you have filled the three document details with the number and name
- Click on Save
- It will now save all your added information and newly updated KYC documentation details
Other KYC Documentation
During the process, we can see that there are other documents asked during KYC of UAN, but those are not mandatory to be filled, But you can feel free to fill those out anytime you like by following the same instructions as above.
|Bank Account Number||Mandatory|
|Driving License||Not Mandatory|
|Election Card (Voter ID)||Not Mandatory|
|Ration Card||Not Mandatory|
|National Population Register||Not Mandatory|
Note: Make sure that your name on the UAN account matches the PAN and Aadhaar card as well, and if it does not match then we would request you to apply for name correction and then follow this guide again.
EPF KYC Pending for Approval
We now have filled out all the required KYC documentation which brings this to an end but now in the left column you will see a new message “KYC pending for approval”, and this message will be shown for all the newly added KYC documents such as Bank account, PAN and Aadhaar as well. The reason this message is shown is that the documents you have submitted right now are under pending status and have not been confirmed.
This information will be approved by your current employer and then it will change the status to approved, where it will take around 10 to 12 days for the documents to get approved, and in some cases, you can reach out to the HR department of your employer where you can directly ask them to initiate the approval process.
I would advise you to contact your HR department only after 10 days of documents uploading to UAN KYC, Basically, once the UAN KYC documentation is completed then you would be thoroughly eligible to access the different benefits like EPF money withdrawal being the main one.